Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday to Lachlan!

So Lachlan turned 4 a whole month ago and I have been so slack with my blogging that his birthday has not been acknowledged here yet...... but alas! never fear - here it is!

His birthday this year fell on a Sunday and as his big present was a big boy's bike so we decided to give it to him on the Saturday because it would be cruel to give him a present that he couldn't use on the Sunday! (the picture was here till I accidentally pressed an arrow key which for some reason deleted the photo. I did this several times to other photos so seem to have used up my upload limit because it won't put anymore up here - so you will have to use some imagination.)
Satuday afternoon we had family over for a bbq dinner and cake to celebrate his big number 4!
He got spoilt rotten and his presents included a remote control car from Nanna and Pop (pictured below), a Spiderman outfit from Uncle Darren and Auntie Paula (also see below), and a computer from Grandma and Grandpa - all of which he absolutely loves!


Lachlan had been talking about his rocket cake for months before his birthday. I am sure it must have been back in April that he decided on the said design. Then Sunday morning, just 12hours after the said Rocket cake had been eaten, he tells me that next year when he turns 5 he wants a spiderman cake. Can you believe it? It was the day of his official birthday and he was finally 4 after talking about it for so long and he's already talking about turning 5?!

Sunday morning's stack of presents.

This yellow matchbox wrecking rig was the favourite toy! In fact, this year I seemed to have worked out my son and all the things we bought him were 'a big hit'. Thank goodness we all say!

The Wednesday before his birthday we had a cake at playgroup to share with his friends. It was a very last minute design and something I totally made up but I am fairly happy with the result and rather chuffed that I managed to get such a good colour match for sand without my husband, the colour-matching professional's help.

So Lachlan, how shall I describe you? I am so proud of him and the wonderful little boy he has become. It's a pleasure to hear all the wonderful compliments that others give about him and which I don't see much of myself! But that is a sign that I am doing something right huh?!
Lachlan is so caring and considerate of others. He seems to have this intuitive sense for others and their feelings. He is especially caring for younger children and babies, and in particular - girls! It really is very special to watch him doting over young children and interacting so sweetly with them. Lachlan is very creative and loves to paint and doing collage and make endless things with playdough. He also likes to be doing things all the time and loves to go out for adventures and explore new places (hmmm wonder where it gets that from?) - but take him out of his comfort zone too much and he'll plead to go home. He's rather social but also quite content with his own company. Lachlan is developing into a lovely little companion and to watch his brain ticking and the amazing ideas that come out of his head are fantastic!
Happy Birthday Lachlan - we love you dearly. XX

1 comment:

Tammy Lorna said...

The presents sound great, and the cakes look fantastic :) Looks like he had a great birthday!

xo Tammy